SENIOR CONTEMPORARY DANCE
Contemporary dance is very popular at vocational level. It incorporates elements from several dance styles and is particularly expressive. Contemporary is perfect for those planning to take GCSE/A Level Dance, and for those who love to experience a sense of real freedom of movement.
There are many different philosophies in contemporary dance. Centre Stage teaches the most rewarding:
- Ballet technique, with no strictness on body lines and with a greater range of movement.
- Use of body weight represented by fall and recovery; suspension and succession.
- Breathing and impulse control, represented by contraction and release.
- Ability to change direction dramatically within the body and in space.
- Strength and flexibility of both mind and body, with strong, controlled leg work.
- Using the floor in innovative and inspiring ways.
- Correct ways to be lifted, including contact work and trust exercises.
JUNIOR CONTEMPORARY DANCE
Details as above but for the younger child.